I am loving these creative “carrot” patch cupcakes! Not only are they fun to make, but you can set-up a carrot patch complete with “dirt” to really give your Easter tablescape that WOW factor!
You will need:1 bag of large or small marshmallows depending on how many carrots you want on each cupcake
1 bag of orange candy melts
1 bag of green edible grass (Find this at Target & Michael’s)
Orange sugar or sprinkles (optional)
1 package of Oreos or chocolate cookie crumbs
Cupcakes with chocolate frosting
To begin, create the marshmallow carrots:
1. Insert toothpicks halfway into bottom of marshmallows.
2. Follow package directions on bag of candy melts to heat until they are melted to a smooth consistency.
3. Dip each marshmallow in the candy melt until coated.
4. If using sugar or sprinkles, immediately dip the candy coated marshmallow into the sugar.
5. Stick toothpicks of marshmallows into styrofoam while the candy coating sets.
Now, create the “grass”:6. Use a toothpick to make a hole in the top of each candy coated marshmallow.
7. Cut edible grass into small pieces and set 2-4 strands in each marshmallow.
8. Remove toothpicks before adding marshmallows to cupcakes.
Finally, create the cupcakes:
1. Press one large marshmallow carrot or several small ones into the cupcake’s frosting.
2. Sprinkle cookie crumbs around the carrot to create dirt.
Thanks to Frog Prince Paperie for the tutorial!